Meet your 2022 Executive
The CUPE 3908 Annual General Meeting was held online this past Wednesday, October 19th. At the meeting, you, the membership, selected your Executive Committee members to represent you in the 2022 – 2023 Academic year.
Meet the team!
- President: Mitch Champagne (he/him)
- General Vice-President: Mark Astrom (he/him)
- Treasurer: Eric Lehman (he/him)
- Recording Secretary / Communications Officer: David Hollands (he/him)
- Unit 1 Vice President: <position vacant>
- Unit 1 Lead Steward: Laura Greenwood (she/they)
- Unit 2 Vice President: Ali Fraser (they/them)
- Unit 2 Lead Steward: Sebastian Johnston-Lindsay (he/him)
You also elected the following members to represent you on the Trent University Joint Health & Safety Committee:
- Unit 1 Health and Safety Representative: Shaoling Wang
- Unit 2 Health and Safety Representative: Kristin Jones
We would like to express our gratitude to former Unit 1 Vice President David Tough for his excellent work in the position and his tireless commitment in representing contract faculty here at Trent University. We wish him the very best.
Also, as you may have noticed, the Unit 1 Vice President position on the CUPE 3908 Executive Committee is currently vacant. Additionally, we need to elect our Unit 1 Bargaining Team shortly, since the Unit 1 Collective Agreement will expire after August 31st, 2023.
We will be holding a Unit 1 Bargaining Caucus to elect a new Unit 1 Vice President and Unit 1 Bargaining Team! The Bargaining Caucus will take place on Wednesday, November 16th at 4:30 PM. Keep an eye on your email inboxes for more information to follow, and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in running for any of these positions.
Your CUPE 3908 Executive