CUPE3908: Don't miss this scholarship opportunity, deadline is September 14th.

Please enter a search term to begin your search.


Peterborough and District Labour Council Post Secondary Studies Scholarship

Do you have a child who will be attending Trent University or Fleming College this September? Don't miss out on the Peterborough and District Labour Council 2018 Scholorship.

Post Secondary Studies Scholarship


Purpose:  To identify a high school graduate who demonstrates an appreciation of the role of labour and provide them with monetary assistance to attend either Fleming College or Trent University.  Selection will be made from a pool of applicants to receive a scholarship in the amount of $500.00 to support them as they enter their first year of full-time post-secondary study. The scholarship will be awarded in honour of distinguished trade union activists who have made a significant contribution to the life and growth of the labour movement in Peterborough County.

Eligible candidates must:

  • Be a member, or the dependent of a member, of a union local that is affiliated in good standing with the PDLC
  • Be enrolled for September 2018 to enter their first year of full-time study, leading to a diploma, degree or certificate from Fleming College or Trent University,  either immediately after graduation, or be a previous high school graduate that has never attended college.
  • NOT be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books from other sources
  • Not have any prior post-secondary studies
  • Be current residents of Peterborough County

The criteria for selection of the bursary winner will be based on:

  • A brief résumé outlining non-academic interests and activities, such as community or political involvement as well as goals for the future.
  • Evidence of understanding of the role and significance of the Canadian labour movement.
  • A reference letter.
  • Proof of enrolment


Deadline date to apply:   Friday, September 14, 2018

For more information, contact Marion Burton, President of PDLC, at or by phone at 705-868-7352.

Last modified: 06-Aug-18

No documents found.