CUPE3908: Executive Committee seeks eligible Unit 1 member to fill Interim Chief Steward vacancy.
Seeking Interim Unit 1 Chief Steward
As the Unit 1 Chief Steward, you will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of grievance processe on behalf of Unit 1 members as the Executive Committee authorizes.
Please note: The vacant position is only open to members of the bargaining unit (i.e. only a Unit 1 member can apply).
The member chosen to fill the Unit 1 Chief Steward position will become a member of the
Executive Committee, and will receive a monthly stipend of
approximately $530 with the expectation of approximately 5-7 hours of
work per week. The position will commence immediately and be held until
the next Membership Meeting. For more information, please contact us at:
- Communicating with members and helping them decide whether to proceed with a grievance
- Filing all necessary documentation with employer
- Advocating for members with employer at each step of grievance process
- Adhering to deadlines at each step of grievance process
- Maintaining and tracking all grievance files
- Working with CUPE regional representative throughout grievance
- Following up to ensure resolution of grievance carried out
Skills and Attributes:
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Unit 1 Collective Agreement
- Assists with outreach and education of the members
- Assists with organizing new members
- Recruits, trains and mentors the stewards network
- Call and Chair regular stewards meetings
- Member of other committees as time and priority allow
Please send a brief (max 2 pages) CV and letter of interest to email@example.com no later than Monday December 15, 2014 by 2p.m.
Last modified: 09-Dec-14